UX Content Strategist @ CVS Health (contract through Onward Search)
October 2016–December 2017
- Translated business requirements and consumer research into empathetic, consistent, user-first strategies and customer journeys using agile and waterfall methodologies for projects across mobile and web platforms.
- Created wireframes and user flows to solve complex problems and expand responsive user experiences amongst the CVS Caremark and CVS Specialty products.
- Collaborated with senior UX managers and visual designers to research, define, and wireframe end-to-end user experiences for prescription benefits plan members and patients taking specialty medications for both mobile and web.
- Overhauled email alerts through improved information architecture, structural design enhancements, and warmer messaging. This contributed to a 25% increase in alert enrollment, and fewer related phone calls to Customer Care.
UX Designer & Digital Strategist
- Enhanced the usability of consumer-facing mobile applications and websites through content-driven UX design.
- Performed user research, competitive analysis, and user testing.
Senior Content Strategist @ Intralinks
March 2014–February 2015
- Acted as user experience and technical documentation lead for a proposed API site. While the direction of our experimental IL Lab group was shifted to other projects, my team's work guided the eventual deliverable—a well-constructed developers' portal designed to expand and support the Intralinks product suite.
- Lead content strategy, keyword analysis, and crafted the tone of voice for the website redesign of a global SaaS specializing in secure-yet-collaborative document workspaces—making the complex facets of infosec more readily digestible.
- Crafted the Information Rights Management (IRM by design™) brand and ‘story’ through whitepapers and blog posts.
Digital Strategy Director @ Inphantry
May 2011–March 2014
- Provided content strategy, creative direction, and UX design at a boutique experiential agency specializing in technology and lifestyle brands including DataXu, Puma, and John Hancock.
- Lead user research, brand direction, user behavior analysis, social listening, and strategic guidance for the planning and execution of digital and integrated campaigns.
Senior Copywriter @ Everest BetClic Group
August 2008—May 2011
- Crafted a unifying creation direction and tone-of-voice for interactive experiences, online promotions, live events, affiliate marketing campaigns, print ads, and more as the lead copywriter in an agile, in-house agency for an international online gaming brand.
- Managed and mentored a team of 3 copywriters, acting in a lead role providing creative/copy direction. Collaborated directly with art directors, designers, developers, and marketers to deliver targeted campaigns and product enhancements.
Senior eCommerce Copywriter & Editor @ NameMedia
November 2007—August 2008
- Wrote and edited copy for over 700 long-tail-focused, e-commerce sites, and managed off-site freelancers supporting the project.
- Analyzed and optimized content to drive traffic and improve search metrics. I also developed paid search campaigns (Google AdWords) and provided additional SEM support.
Lead Product Copywriter & Production Editor @ SmartBargains.com
March 2005—August 2007
- Managed and trained a five-person freelance team to ensure consistent copy standards, while also ensuring keyword optimization in every piece of product copy.
- Created and edited promotional and product copy for apparel, fine jewelry and home goods for a high-volume online retailer.
Adobe Creative Suite
HTML and CSS/Sass
Semantic, Flexbox, Bootstrap, Foundation
Git and Gulp
Certificate in UX/UI design and front-end development
Startup Institute | Boston, MA
M.A. in Print & Online Journalism
Emerson College | Boston, MA
B.G.S. in Textile & Apparel Marketing / Communications
University of Missouri | Columbia/St. Louis